NAGC announces its “Call for Speakers” for the 2013 Communications School, Government Communicators: Engaging Citizens in Democracy, in Arlington, VA, April 16-19, 2013. We are looking for half-day pre-conference training workshops and 60-minute breakout session presentations. Track sessions are in areas of Outreach, Engagement, and Professional Development.
Topic areas of interest:
- Personal Communications in the Digital Age
- Transparency and Openness in Government
- Reaching Underserved Audiences
- Leveraging Community Resources
- Enabling Grass Roots Communications
- Citizen Engagement
- Environmental Justice
- Working with Media
- Responding to Negative Press
- Strategic Communications
- Communicating on Sensitive Topics
- Understanding Generational Differences
- Understanding Cultural Differences
- Contingency Plans & Preparing for Disaster
- Emerging Technologies
- 508 Compliance
- Old School Communications Tools
- Leading Change
- Advances in Social Media
- In-House Photography & Video Production
- Advancing Your Government Career
- Surviving the Approval Chain
Download the abstract submission application at www.nagconline.org. Submit your presentation abstract by 5pm ET on October 15, 2012.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Know a great speaker? If you have heard a great speaker on one or more of these topic areas of interest let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please try and provide as much contact information as possible with your speaker recommendation.
NAGC: Good Communications … Good Government