- Lessons Learned (reports and observations about a variety of crisis topics, including real incidents such as 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina, as well as general topics such as evacuations, school shootings, etc.)
- Best Practices: LLIS describes this information as "peer-validated techniques, procedures, good ideas, or solutions that work and are solidly grounded upon actual experience in operations, training, and exercises."
- Good Stories: Success stories from various local, state and federal government entities.
- Practice Notes: Brief descriptions of innovative practices, procedures, methods, programs, or tactics that an organization uses to adapt to changing conditions or to overcome an obstacle or challenge.
- After-Action Reports
- Member Directory
- Message Board: I found this feature to be an especially promising one, with forums divided into very specific types of incidents, the most popular of which is "Ask LLIS," which allows members to pose questions and get advice.
- A list of recent incidents with links to more info.
Once, you've been verified, you'll become part of a network of emergency response experts that can help you navigate through just about any type of situation. This is truly a great site.